Joshua Smith Consulting
Tourism & Hospitality
• Achieved a 4.13 out of 4.00 GPA in the Arizona State University's Masters of Sustainable Tourism program.
• Chosen as an advisor for USA Today's Embark, a program created to identify travel trends within the US market.
• Organized and managed itinerary development on behalf of Travcoa for content campaign: PromPeru with USTOA with Kelley Ferro Productions - 5 videos distributed to Yahoo Travel, MSN Travel and platforms, ultimately winning Best Food Video at the 2015 Trippy Awards.
• Increased Travcoa’s Private Journeys portfolio profit by 43% in 4 years, annual profit per guest by 35%, and profit margin to a current 33.71%
• Developed Millennials in Travel brand from conception to over 1,400 members in 8 chapter cities within the first twelve months
• Featured on the cover of Travel Agent Magazine’s December 2014 issue
• Increased Travcoa’s Private Journeys portfolio sales by 24% and guest count by 42% through new product integration and co-operative marketing efforts in 2014
• 2013 Rising Star of Travel Industry (travAlliancemedia)
• Increased 4 tourism board accounts’ investments in Virtuoso from $212K to $507K
• Developed Virtuoso’s contracting process saving over $21K and 420 staff hours
North America & Caribbean - Canada (British Columbia, Alberta & Ontario); Guadeloupe; Mexico; US (including Hawaii, Alaska & Puerto Rico)
Central & South America - Belize; Brazil; Chile; Colombia, Costa Rica; Peru
Europe - Denmark; England; France; Germany; Greece; Italy (lived); Malta; Netherlands; Norway; Spain; Switzerland; Turkey
Africa & Middle East - Egypt; Jordan; Morocco; Qatar; South Africa (lived); Tanzania; United Arab Emirates
Asia - Bhutan; Cambodia; China; Hong Kong; India; Macao; Malaysia; Myanmar; Nepal; Philippines; Singapore; Thailand
South Pacific - Australia; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea